Saturday, December 4, 2010
@ 4:52 AM
WEEE JOE BROOOKS FTW! :D
wanna see wad i found while clearing up comp stuff, joseph?
CHILDHOOD MEMORIES
This poem's all about the days
Of school, to me it looks like a daze
Those first few days of primary school
Playing and learning important rules
To now where we've all grown up to be
People who well know our A,B,C
There is this saying that I always hear
And I always thought the meaning was clear
But my view changed of how I see
This saying, this is the school life for me
It all began at the age of five
When I went to school it changed my life
I remember how I cried that day
When my mum said 'bye' and went away
The teacher gave me a lollipop
And I soon was playing with a plastic mop
Around the yard I used to run
Running and falling under the sun
But then I had to go to year one
And as years went by, it got less fun
I found myself in grade three
Hoping to grow just like a tree
Outside my house that grew so tall
Thw ind would blow but it'd never fall
I dreamt of the day I'd be five foot nine
Those days I don't have to stand in line
And by the time I'd reach grade four
I wanted to grow up even more
I went to school every weekday
Not coming to learn, but rather to play
The next two years really flied by
But I hadn't learnt much, I wonder why
I began year seven waiting for the end
And then I met an old friend
We had went to pre primary together
But he left and I thought I wouldn't see him ever
To my surprise, he was put in my class
And we became friends again really fast
The whole year was really fun
Where no one defied the year sevens, no one
Then came the day I was waiting for
The day I'd leave school forever more
Of course I just mean primary school
But I thought I'm at least half way through
I went to high school the very next year
But something gre, some type of fear
From being teh top of the school I became
The small year eight who was called names
New friends were made and everyone spoke
Of the popular songs and the sick jokes
There were several groups of power, you could say
Each one calling the other, gay
But then we all began to mature
Of course there are always the sick jokes for sure
In year nine, my brother was top in the year
And he always complained how he had to persevere
Through the tough exams he had to go through
Then it came to me, I suddenly knew
That I would someday have to go through the same
In three more years! What a shame
But I decided to try and appreciate these days
It lasted a week and I was back to my ways
Of killing time just to get by
Waiting for weekends where I could say goodbye
To school work and teachers and practicing piano
And as the years went by, I began to grow
Then came year ten when I'm five foot nine
I have some work but it was fine
Until the day they had this shocking announcement
I wished on that day I was absent
So I couldn't hear anything about the stupid exams
Year ten is supposed to be as easy as eating ham
I had always planned to take it easy
From year one to year ten I'd be carefree
At year eleven and twelve I'd do my best
So that my TER would be high, that's what I guessed
But exams in year ten, that's just useless
It's just adding one more year of un-needed stress
And now I near the end of the year
Writing this poem because I fear
If I fail English, My parents will kill me
And this is definitely not what I call free
I mean, what's growing up if you aren't free
If I still have to do work, I would go to grade three
And now I miss those days I had
It almost feels like I'm sad
I finish with a thought and yawn
That you only miss something when it's gone.
And there it is folks, joseph wong's poem from year 10! xD
suspense satisfied?
